Thursday, February 21, 2008

A week of food



Happy people eat this in one week. Look Ma no packaging.
Got this lovely image from a blog I like :







http://make-a-greenplan.blogspot.com/

This picture is showing the food this family consumes in one week. Look at the lack of plastic, paper waste. It looks like every bit is recyclable.

Look at how many banana's they consume! What a terrific and healthy diet this is. Even though I try, I still have so much stuff that comes in packages. If I try and buy organic food from my local grocery it usually comes packaged in individual units swathed in plastic. If the plastic does not have a number on it it cant be recycled.
And we think we are so lucky to live here in America with all the food we have. I think we stuff our faces with far too much food. All the fast food is so cheap that we can eat all we want any time. We have no self controll, just instant gratification. And instant heart attacks and cancer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. I do think it is a joy to see food without packaging. In fairness, I don't think Americans chose to have all of this packaging. The Food industry (Agri-Business and Restaurant Industry) spent billions over decades selling us on the idea we wanted to eat this way. I am glad there are a bunch of us who were roused from the stupor enough to check out a simpler way of eating.

    ReplyDelete

Give a Hoot