Thursday, April 17, 2008

Favorite Places



Here I am in my favorite place: A Bookstore


Yeah just give me a strong cup o' Earl Grey and a couple hours to roam the stacks and you have one happy Diva.

When I live in San Fran we had a corner book store called Christophers. It was so tiny and so filled with books and other good stuff. It was also a dog neighborhood so whenever anyone got a new dog they would go there and they would take a pic of your pup and post it on the front door. You could come back a few months later and ooh and ahh at how big your dog had gotten.

They also had poetry readings. I really miss that. Poetry is one art that needs to be read aloud and preferably by the author.
I went to my first open poetry reading the other night. Actually it was a poetry potluck! I read a couple of my poems for the first time ever to a group of strangers. I guess I was a Poetry Virgin. It felt kinda scary fun to read them. There were some good poets there and I just had the best time and the food was damn good too. There were all ages of poets there from 20 up to 83 years old. Simply fascinating.

Here is a link to a nice place I have found for poetry and pictures, Princess Haiku:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diva,
    I like your blog and Earl Grey Tea too. I guess it is the bergamont that lends it it's lovely flavor. Thanks for the zap and the link. I will add you to my roll and benefit I am certain from your health tips. I visit another Herbs n things blog that I learn from. I eat mostly natural food but do like certain bad things like chocolate and pizza. Cheers from Northern Cal.

    ReplyDelete

Give a Hoot