Friday, May 9, 2008

Get some Green

What is my Love today> Green Tea. I truly love this green tea from Yamamotoyama and not just because the name is so fun to say.
It has roasted brown rice in it.

The rice takes away the bitterness. I always have my tea with cream and honey. I have heard that green tea is better for you if you take it plain. But I find most green tea to have a bitter after taste so I would add the stuff to doctor it up.
This tea is hard for me to find and I usually stock up when I do find it. It is one of the oldest tea houses in Japan. I wonder if the Japanese find it to be the Lipton tea of their country. Now I like Lipton just fine, but there are many teas that have a better, richer flavor. So maybe I am drinking crap Japanese green tea, I don't know. I only know I love it. They also sell it loose and I like that even better but that is even harder to find.
When you do put the cream and honey in the Yamamotoyama it becomes so creamy and greeny tasting that even my child who does not like much of anything that goes in the mouth, besides candy, gives a "ooo yum" to it every time.
Just like Mikey, he hates everything! If you are old enough to remember that commercial than I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a Hoot