Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back to Snow

After a few days of warmth we are now back to snow.

For me this means no more walks, until it stops snowing. That means more TEA. I am going shopping today for more cream for my tea. I really try to get organic cream when I find it. The only dairy I have with any regularity is the cream in my tea.
I don't eat much cheese anymore. If I go to a party and they have a cheese dish or a cheese tray I will have some. Ice Cream is also something I just don't really want anymore either. My love of ice cream goes way back. My Grandfather (the Spanish one) use to eat a quart a day of ice cream. Whenever we went to go visit him you could always count on having some ice cream as his freezer was full of many different types.
My cholesterol is very low and always has been even in my Dairy Queen days. There was a point when I used to have a hot fudge Sunday once or twice a week. Oh and I really loved a concoction called a Tin Roof. A Tin Roof is like a hot fudge only they put salted peanuts in it. The sweet and salty is a craving of mine!
Those ice cream days are over for me. My taste buds have changed and I just don't really want to eat a bunch of sugar stuff anymore.
Now I really like salty treats. A handful of salty nuts is just fine by me. I want to get a dehydrator so I can sprout and then dehydrate my own. There are lots of places online you can buy these kinds of nuts but seem expensive. I just love the taste of the sprouted dehydrated sunflower seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a Hoot