Friday, January 18, 2008

My Dog

My Dog duke is the best dog in the whole wide world. I was going to write about miso soup this morning but saw this picture of my dog and decided to write about him instead.
He is about 12 years old now and still is very much a puppy. He is Chihuahua by breed and German Shepard in his own mind. He is very feisty and ready to take on any dog anytime. That is not a good thing. As he has gotten older he has gotten a bit mellower. He listens to me much more than he used to.
Duke must have his walks. If Duke does not get a walk everyday he is just not quite as happy as he should be. He can get a little neurotic and needy if he does not get his walks. He is so playful and when I take him to the park he likes to do some full speed open running when we first get there, after that he can get down to the business of sniffing.
He also has a very sensitive stomach and cant eat anything but a certain type of dog food. He does love his treats and meat is his favorite. He also likes tea with cream, but not as much as my other tiny dog Mama. She is the real Dairy Queen. More about Mamma another time
I think Duke will live a long time, at least I hope so. Chihuahua's do have a long life cycle and he is healthy.
He is a very soulful dog who knows everything that is going on around him. I just love him very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a Hoot