Monday, January 28, 2008

Parsley Salad

This dinner was just a bunch of leftovers! It was a base of Parsley salad. This was made with chopped Italian Parsley and some vinegar & olive oil. Then I plopped some of the Cashew Dip on it. The Cashew Dip is soaked (for 1hr) cashews & some olive oil blended very well in the Cuisinart. I added some fresh pepper to the dip. I topped it with some Kalamata Olives and cayenne and paprika. Around the edge you see some mushrooms....cant remember the type, but they might be monkey paws.
This was very filling and so incredibly HEALTHY.
Parsley is so full of goodness and greenness (did I just make up a word?). It is a little powerhouse that just gets shunted aside as a "garnish".
I used to make this other (back in my cheese days) Italian Parsley Salad that had lots of fresh grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and olive oil. It was so simple and so addictive.
It is snowing again today and windy, windy, windy. There was some leftover Chai in the fridge so I heated it up. The flavors got better as they sat for 2 days. Seems it will last for awhile. I made it the traditional way with loose Chai Tea & milk and it is way better than any of those mixes you can buy. The mixes have far too much sugar for my taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a Hoot