Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Constant Comment


This morning breakfast was the same as yesterday. Sprouted bread with sprouted Hummus. Only this time I spread some Mellow Miso on the bread first and then nuked the whole thing for 10 seconds just to take the cold edge off of it. I was 18 degrees this morning so a little chill bling reducer is nice!

Now on to the tea. Constant Comment is a Tea from my childhood. Whenever I felt sick my Mother would make me a strong cup of Constant Comment with honey & lemon. At that time the tea was loose and came in a metal tin. I cant find it like that in the stores anymore. It only seems to come in tea bags now. It is still a very flavorful & unique tea. I have it with cream & honey now. The taste is so soothing with all the citrus rind in it. It is just a good cup of tea. We all know how healthy tea is for us. So drink up!
There is just something about a good cup of tea that can make even the bleakest moments become bearable.
Both of my children are tea drinkers. They grew up with all the herbal teas, mint, chamomile and herb blends. When they were tiny and felt crabby I would say, lets have some tea. It usually worked to fix their spirits up. Also tea & toast is a winning combo. Sourdough bread with lots of butter and some hot tea is the best thing in the world anytime of the day or night.
I don't have so much toast anymore as I am doing my raw thing, but I still share some with my kids now & then.
We mustn't be too rigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a Hoot